Cat tower plans are good for creating cozy, and safe habitat for the cats, this allows cats especially kittens to take that occasional swipe at the dog without placing itself in harm’s way. All cats are drawn towards boxes; the moment one is built, they hop in and carry on. Moreover, Cat tower plans are a very convenient and easy way to save one’s furniture from those sharp cat claws, which cause damage and result in unplanned repair costs.
Cat Tower Plans
Importance of the Climbing Tower
• One can easily save by getting a cat climbing tower for these felines that we cannot seem to live without. They give them a place to climb on, scratch on and even take a much deserved and undisturbed nap. Kitties do a lot of climbing, with or without these towers; they can get on top of the closet, drapes, and shelves be it in search of entertainment or simply because that is what they do!
• Cats also need a lot of exercise and these towers offer just what they need; forget about cats running mindlessly around the house, tripping everyone in their wake and even waking up everyone in the house in the middle of the night because of the racket they cause while running around. This is not to mention the licking and purring next to us while we are trying to have our beauty sleep!
• Cat towe- plans are also convenient for the stray cats that need a place to sleep, since they can be built outdoors, to allow the strays stay warm and cozy away from harsh weather conditions.
Designs, Variations and Styles of Cat Tower- Plans
Cat tower plans come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and the choices available to one are so many that it is easy to be spoilt of choice. Cat tower plans can get as elaborate as one wants them to be, or as simple; they can be tall, short or medium. You can choose to have a cat tower plan that holds a single cat or a multiple cat tower, where several cats can be hosted under one tower, each having their own napping area. A visit to the pet store is enough for one to see how many of these towers are actually available for selection and one can even get ideas of towers they can build on their own.
Building cat tower- plans can be a fun way of spending ones time and can form a good family project that incorporates everyone and is enjoyable to all so long as the result is guaranteed to bring one satisfaction of seeing their handiwork on display. These cat tower plans offer a cheaper option than actually purchasing a ready-made one. Never considered the above? Well, now is the opportunity to make a cat happy and come up with a design that will be much appreciated by all in the household. Making a cat tower for the felines in our households is an easy and engaging process, and the joy of seeing the cat in their own entertainment arena, will be worth the effort put in.
Coming up With Cat Tower Plans
As long as one has basic carpentry skills, they are good to go! The good thing about building cat tower plans from scratch is that one not only gets to have the satisfaction of seeing the final product, but they also get to make use of cheap and affordable materials lying around the house that could otherwise have remained and even been thrown out as waste. Building cat tower plans comes with various advantages including:
• It gives you the freedom of choosing designs, shapes and sizes according to where you want to place them and the elements to incorporate in your design.
• One gets to select their preferred kind of material to use.
• Choice to use easily available materials that in most cases turn out to be budget friendly.
In choosing the design and shapes, there are a myriad shapes to choose from and ones creativity is the limit here. One can go visiting pet stores to give them ideas, or they can be creative and think of what their cat likes to play with. In choosing the size, one could look at the available space, considering that the cat tower plans need to blend in with the rest of the furniture, so they are not out of place. Size is also important while considering how many cats are going to be using the tower. In a situation where one has ten cats and they build a tower that can only accommodate one, this leads to most of the cats ignoring the tower all together, and thus beating the logic of building it in the first place.
Building a tower that will not be used can be a waste of time, not to mention the frustration of watching one’s cats make a mockery of them. Location is also important, depending on the cats’ behaviors; there are cats which prefer peace and quietness and would therefore like secluded areas where they can catch a nap without interruptions. This is particularly the case with the stray cats, which would also prefer the outdoors. Likewise, a cat that prefers to be at the center of the action needs their tower set up right in the middle of it all.
Cat Tower Plans – The Conclusion
In terms of material, a cat would most definitely prefer a padded nap area, to keep warm and take those lazy naps they love so much. Giving them these padded nap areas ensures they leave the sofa alone, in their search for warmth. Adding a pillow could do the trick. Adding ropes and wraps is also ideal. A cat needs to scratch as well as a place to hang on to while doing its climbing. Those worn out carpets that one intended to throw away can be glued on to the side of these towers to provide the rough texture needed by the cat as they climb or scratch. Cats are adventurous in nature, so one should strive to make this experience as enjoyable to the cats as it will be for the one building the cat tower plans!